We are pleased to introduce a one day Emergency First Aid qualification at both our Brighton and Sussex venues. These workshops run on Sunday 5th December in Brighton and Saturday 22nd January in Sussex.
One day workshop
This is a certified course for candidates who require a first aid certificate. A certificate valid for 3 years will be issued upon full attendance and satisfactory assessment of the delegate. Can be used for Continuing Professional Development (CPD). This fulfils the requirements for the purposes of complying with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
The course content includes:
- The role of the first aider
- The priorities of treatment
- Regurgitation and faceshields
- The contents of first aid kits (and avoiding cross infection)
- How to record incidents and accidents
- How to assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, quickly and effectively in an emergency
- How to administer first aid to a casualty who:
- is unconscious
- needs cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- is choking
- is wounded or bleeding
- is in shock
- is having an epileptic seizure
You will also learn what to do in the case of minor injuries i.e. wounds and bleeding; burns and scalds. Complimentary refreshments will be provided through the day.
Course Dates and Times
Sunday 5th December – Brighton venue
Saturday 22nd January – Sussex venue
Times: 10am – 4pm
For more information or to book visit: Emergency First Aid