This one day workshop runs on the 27 and 28 January 2018 however you only need to attend one of the days.
This is an HSE approved and certified course for candidates who require an emergency first aid certificate for appointed persons. A certificate valid for 3 years will be issued upon full attendance and satisfactory assessment of the delegate. Can be used for Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
The course content includes:
- The role of the first aider
- The priorities of treatment
- Regurgitation and faceshields
- The contents of first aid kits (and avoiding cross infection)
- How to record incidents and accidents
- How to assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, quickly and effectively in an emergency
- How to administer first aid to a casualty who:
- is unconscious
- needs cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- is choking
- is wounded or bleeding
- is in shock
- is having an epileptic seizure
You will also learn what to do in the case of minor injuries i.e. wounds and bleeding; burns and scalds. Complimentary refreshments will be provided through the day.
To find out more or book your place please visit Emergency First Aid at Work.