For information on Nutrition course and workshops – please follow this link.
Workshops and Retreats
Health and yoga retreats
Kirsten Chick co-runs Bloom Holistic Retreats, and is also available to come and provide talks, workshops and one-to-one consultations on your health or yoga retreat.
Bloom Holistic Retreats are seasonal retreats aimed at providing a well supported space for people to shift, cleanse, rebalance, relax and explore their health and well being, The retreats are tailored to the requirements of the guests, and are held in beautiful surroundings either in the UK or in continental Europe.
The next Bloom retreats are:
March 2015 – West Sussex
July 2015 – Italy (near Rome)
For more information and bookings, visit Bloom Holistic Retreats.
Kirsten has also worked on a number of yoga retreats with Ruth White, at the Puyssentut Retreat Centre in France and more. If you’d like to talk to Kirsten about what she can provide for your retreat, please get in touch.
Kirsten has been lecturing and tutoring in both Nutrition and Anatomy and Physiology for a number of years.
Currently she runs Nutrition courses for adults at Evolution Arts in Brighton. Level 1 is a 6-week introduction to nutrition, exploring how food affects and benefits you, how you can help your body to digest and absorb nutrients, and how you can decide which foods and eating styles are right for you. Level 2 delves into various themes in more detail, such as hormonal health, bone and joint health and working with the Chinese Five Elements. On both courses there are plenty of opportunities to ask questions and share experiences, practical ideas and recipes.
To find out more or book your place, visit Evolution Arts.
Kirsten also lectures in Nutrition on the Complementary Healthcare Foundation Degree course at Sussex Downs College. For more infomation, visit Sussex Downs Higher Education.
About Kirsten Chick, DNN
Food is meant to nourish you, not punish you!
Whether you feel your diet isn’t fully supporting your health and wellbeing, or your approach to food is self-sabotaging, I have over a decade’s experience to share.
While so many are seeking “the perfect” diet and way to be, I understand that you are unique and ever changing, and can offer you a personalised approach.
This includes an assessment of how well you are digesting, absorbing and metabolising foods, as well as how ongoing or unresolved stress and traumas are affecting your overall health.
- Are the nutrients you eat properly absorbed, transported and utilised?
- Is there enough space and energy for your blood, lymph and other fluids to spiral through you, delivering food and information, clearing waste?
- Are you truly hydrating yourself when you drink water, or is it failing to go where it needs to?
- How balanced and supported is your hormonal system?
- How does your body respond to natural rhythms and cycles right down to cellular level?
Combining a clear understanding of biochemistry, food energetics and our complex relationship with food, I offer a warm and inspiring approach with practical ideas, encouraging you to take back control and responsibility for your own health and wellbeing. In both one-to-one consultations and as a lecturer and teacher, I share tools, knowledge and inspiration gathered over many years to help you restore a state of balance and clarity. Helping you nourish yourself fully again.
What is natural nutrition?
Natural nutrition is a truly holistic approach to healing that works with diet and techniques to create freedom and movement within all levels of the individual.
- It recognises disease as a powerful and positive opportunity for change and development.
- Rather than treating areas or symptoms in isolation, natural nutrition treats the whole person, restoring a state of balance and clarity, so that the body may then correct its own symptoms.
- It looks at our body’s responsiveness to natural rhythms and cycles at cellular level.
- Natural nutrition is about giving us back control of our own health, enabling us to see and feel what is going on and respond accordingly.
- It provides the tools, knowledge and inspiration to support, rather than suppress, the body’s own healing methods.
I trained in Natural Nutrition over a decade ago and lectured at the College of Natural Nutrition for several years. I still work with these principles, and have developed my own style that encompasses the psychology of eating and how to approach nutrition in a stress-free way.