Tutor: Michael Gibbons
Start date: Sunday 24th October 2021
Course length: 6 months
Course Fees: £495
These courses are included as part of the full Body Massage Course, however, some people choose to take these courses separately (for this see course fees below). For a lot of people the prospect of learning anatomy, physiology and pathology can be quite daunting. This course will be taught through contact hours with various teaching techniques to make the learning fun and easy to absorb, plus guided learning to help you integrate the information more easily and creating a learning environment based on fun . Worksheets for homework will be provided, and are collected in at set periods over the course. There will be some mock exams to do which will prepare you for your final multiple choice exam. You will need to allow approximately 5 hours of homestudy per system. This course covers the 12 systems of the body:
- Skeletal system
- Muscular system
- The cell
- Circulatory system
- Lymphatic system
- Neurological system
- Endocrine system
- Respiratory system
- Digestive system
- Urinary system
- Reproductive system
Course Dates and Times
From October 2021. Register your interest now.
Starting Sunday 24th October 2021. Contact us for full dates.
Times: 8.45am – 12.15pm
Current course dates: October 25th. November 21st, 22nd. 2021: January 16th, 17th. February 27th. March 27th. April 17th, 18th. May 15th.
Course Fees and Booking
|Fees (including VTCT/ITEC exam):|
|Registration Fee (non-refundable):||£200|
|Course Fee (payable 4 weeks before course start date):||£295|
Please note: Those paying for the Body Massage course already have the Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology fees included in their course fee.
Payment can be made by bank transfer, cash or paypal.*
To pay by bank transfer, the details are:
Account number: 40714701. Sort code: 09 06 66. Bank: Santander Account name: CCM Ltd. Please reference the payment with your surname and send us an email to let us know you have made payment. We will then send your receipt and course information.
To pay by cash, please contact us to arrange a convenient time.
Please view our cancellation policy before booking your course.
Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology Syllabus
Aims and Objectives:
The Anatomy and Physiology award is the foundation upon which all other Complementary, Beauty and Sports Therapy awards are based. It is comprised of several units encompassing all systems of the body. It is essential for therapists to have a sound understanding of anatomy and physiology, as they will be working in direct contact with the body structures. It is also vital that they are aware of when and when not to treat a client and only operate within certain parameters. The units are mandatory and should be taught concurrently to be examined concurrently. Skeletal system, Muscular system, Skin, The Cell, Circulatory and Lymphatic Systems, Neurological Systems, Endocrine System, Respiratory System, Digestive System, Urinary System, Reproductive System.
The examination is as follows:
A 1 hour multiple choice theory paper comprising of 50 questions on all aspects of the syllabus testing across all systems.
The qualification aims:
- To provide skills at Level 3 for those interested in the Beauty, Complementary and Sports Therapy Industry
- To provide opportunities for staff in the Beauty, Complementary and Sports Therapy industry to gain a Level 3 qualification
- To qualify candidates as Beauty, Complementary or Sports Therapists at Level 3 in the industry
- To sustain the interest of candidates wanting to work in the Beauty, Complementary or Sports Therapy industry
- To encourage knowledge and understanding for the Beauty, Complementary or Sports Therapy industry at Level 3
The qualification is suitable for:
- Any adult returnee with a good basic general education, returning to education with a desire to work as a massage therapists or reflexologist for which the A&P award is a pre-requisite
- Anyone already working as a nurse or carer who may wish to become a complementary therapist as the A&P is a pre-requisite qualification to many other awards
- Anyone involved in gym or aerobics who must have a good understanding of the body structure or who may wish to add sports massage to their skills, as the A&P with Holistic Massage is a pre-requisite for this qualification
- Anyone who wishes to train as a Beauty Therapist
VTCT/ITEC has ensure that best practise is reflected in the syllabus by requiring a high level of underpinning knowledge of the structure and function of the systems of the body as well as knowledge of diseases so that any therapists will understand when and why a client may be contraindicated to any further treatment.
This course is accredited by VTCT/ITEC (International Therapy Examination council – www.itecworld.co.uk).
Recommended Prior Learning
It is recommended that candidates should have achieved a level of education equivalent to five GCSEs at grades A* – C prior to commencing the VTCT/ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Anatomy and Physiology, however exemptions may be made for adult returners with experience of the work place.